Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes (vol. 19)

Another week come and gone, and Lent is here to stay for a while. Here's some randomness from my week.

~~ 1 ~~
So I started Reading this book
http://www.gottman.com/shop/7-principles-for-making-marriage-work-2/
And it's great. Even though I'm not married yet it's has some great exercises to do with your significant other and I love that it's based on years and years and years of research. It's fascinating!

~~ 2 ~~
Did anyone else read hardcore depressing books in middle school and Jr. High? I was all about Lurlene McDaniel. This article is spot on and cracked me up.

~~ 3 ~~
Super exciting news! So Venerable Fulton Sheen is one step closer to becoming a Blessed and then a Saint (God willing)! 
James' alleged "miracle" is one step closer to being recognized as a miracle by the church!
Head over to Bonnie's Blog for the full story and press release from the Archbishop Sheen Foundation.

~~ 4 ~~
So it feels like Spring! I don't want to jinx it but I am all for it and can't wait for this again
fresh flowers sound amazing!

~~ 5 ~~
Speaking of spring...I love the idea of growing a garden with a them. For example: a pizza garden or salsa garden. I'm great with herbs so maybe I should add tomatoes this year. The promise of Spring is exciting :)

~~ 6 ~~
One of the things I'm doing for Lent this year is being more present in my prayers. I found myself "multitasking" while saying some of my prayers throughout the day, so this Lent I'm sitting still, often closing my eyes and actually focusing on the words I'm saying. I should probably apply this to other aspects of my life as well. Being present is important and whomever I am talking to, whether it's God, a friend or my fiance, they deserve my attention. They are worth it.

~~ 7 ~~
My brother is throwing a Mad Hatter party tonight. So I'm off to that.



hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
For more Quick Takes, head on over to Conversion Diary.
http://www.conversiondiary.com/2014/03/7-quick-takes-about-speaking-for-fourteen-hours-straight-and-trying-to-pronounce-the-word-listlessly-at-the-end-of-it.html

No comments: