Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's been a long time since I've done one of these so I thought today would be a perfect day, after all everyday is a good day to be thankful!
At this moment I am thankful for...

 
(1) Beautiful weather. This past weekend and the beginning of this week were absolutely gorgeous! I had the chance to get out and bike on the great trails around town.
 
 
 (2) Fun new recipes. I actually had time too bake, so of course a new donut recipe was a must. The above Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts were amazing and soooo easy. They were sweet enough so I didn't even bother with the glaze.

(3) Plans. I feel like this week has been a lot of finally getting dates set for get togethers with both family and friends that will be happening this summer/early fall. I love having things to look forward as well as having a few free weekends to do whatever comes up.

 
(4) This guy. I'm thankful that God sent me someone that remembers the foods I like, loves to surprise me and will say or do just about anything to make me smile/laugh, will take me to get Tylenol and ice cream when I'm having a bad day, randomly brings me flowers, calls every night to say good night, and is a great kitchen assistant when I'm cooking. Yeah, he's pretty great.

(5) Good Friends.
 
(6) A healthy body.  This week at work has been filled with funerals. I am thankful that I can ride my bike, canoe and hike without a problem. That those closest to me aren't healthy for the most part. Life is precious and I am extremely thankful for each day that God gives me.

(7) Enough money to pay for car repairs. My car had to have a minor part replaced, which was annoying and of course cost more than I wanted to pay, but I am thankful that I didn't have to choose between paying the electric bill or buying groceries, as so many in our country do.

Alright, that's it for me. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

No comments: